Who doesn’t love business office supplies? They’re fresh, they’re new, and they smell good. And they make those long days at work, frustrating managers, and unreasonable deadlines just a little bit easier. Yes, when you open up that stationery cupboard and find it well stocked with your favorite essential discount office supplies, the corporate world seems like a slightly better place. Here are 8 business office supplies that you can’t live without:
1. Pens – What would an office be without the humble ballpoint pen? Ballpoint pens are non-leaky, hardy writing instruments that every office worker needs. And you’ll need them in not only blue and black ink, but also red ink, to make corrections or alert your manager or staff member to something important.
2. Post-it notes – Post-it notes are truly the must-have discount office supplies of the moment. They come in a wide variety of shapes and colors, and are essential for when you need to leave a phone message or note on your colleague’s desk, or when you need to bookmark pages of a lengthy manual or document.
3. Pencils and erasers – Pencils and erasers are stationery items more common in schools than offices these days, thanks to the proliferation of ballpoint pens. Nonetheless, every office should be stocked with pencils for literally “penciling in” events on calendars (that is, if electronic ones aren’t used) or making tentative corrections.
4. Sticky tape – Sticky tape is one of those business office supplies that, for whatever reason, gets a lot of use in your typical office, whether for taping up a box for shipment or more securely sealing an envelope.
5. Note pad – No desk is complete without a note pad on it for jotting down the gist of all your phone conversations, writing down to-do lists, or making sure you remember the instructions your manager just gave you.
6. Highlighter – The highlighter is one of the great joys of working in an office. They come in a plethora of fluorescent colors – pink, orange, green, blue, purple – and can “pretty up” the most boring of documents. In all seriousness though, they’re essential for highlighting text that your reader should take note of.
7. Sign here tabs – You could use a regular post-it note, or you could use a plastic sign-here tab, complete with a red arrow indicating just where someone needs to sign. Sign here tabs increase the chances of your document being approved!
8. Scissors – How annoying is it when you can’t find a plain old pair of scissors to cut that flyer, or one-off sign for the door, to size? Every desk should have a pair of scissors, with an ergonomic plastic handle, within easy reach.
When these business office supplies are close at hand, along with other essentials like printing paper, rulers, and glue, you’ll be the best worker that you can be. Happy stationery days!