The Black British Business Awards, now in its seventh year, has announced its 2020 finalists representing some of the country’s best black expertise throughout a vary of industries.
Released in Britain in 2014, the awards aim to rejoice and recognise “the usually unsung contributions of outstanding black business enterprise industry experts and entrepreneurs” in arts and media, shopper and luxury, entrepreneurs, economical services, experienced services, and STEM (science, engineering, engineering and maths).
The finalists this year have been picked not only for their individual and experienced achievements, but in opposition to the tumultuous backdrop of the Covid-19 pandemic and the resurgence of the Black Lives Make a difference motion.
Melanie Eusebe and Sophie Chandauka, co-founders known as this year’s finalists “some of the most determined and impressive black leaders in the British isles”.
“What especially shines through is the variety of professions from a founder of a groundbreaking equine nutrition procedure to a e-book publisher and controlling directors at major economical businesses. These outstanding folks should be particularly proud of their achievements, they are inspiring the future era of black expertise to problem conference and stick to in their footsteps.”
The Telegraph is a media husband or wife for the awards, the most important sponsors for which contain JP Morgan, Barclays, Baker McKenzie, Bloomberg, Facebook, Fortnum and Mason, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley and Wells Fargo.
The winners for each classification will be announced throughout a electronic awards ceremony on October two.
Arts & Media Increasing Star
- Magdalene Abraha – Publisher at Jacaranda Publications
- Malakaï Sargeant – Director of Theatre Peckham
- Nnena Nwakodo – Producer at Bartle Bogle Hegarty
Arts & Media Chief of the 12 months
- Anthony Andrews – Co-founder and Inventive Director of We Are Parable
- Denise Maxwell – Director and Direct Photographer at Lensi Images
- Gail Babb – Lecturer and Deputy Director of BA Performance at Goldsmith University
Buyer & Luxurious Increasing Star
- Iré Hassan-Odukale – Managing Director at Ikoyi
- Rachael Corson and Joycelyn Mate – Co-founders of Afrocenchix
- Sarah-Jane Bampoe-Addo – Senior Software Manager at Amazon
Buyer & Luxurious Chief of the 12 months
- Brandie Deignan – Managing Director at Marco Pierre White Restaurants
- Nigel and Victoria Ogunniyi – Co-founders of FAVOUR Catering and Occasions
- Sandra Murphy – Founder of Equidiet British isles Ltd