Marketing always has the same goal-remember me! And with the holiday season approaching, you will get huge bonus points as you remember your best clients, customers, sales reps, and employees with business holiday gifts!
It has been proven time and time again, that people are motivated by factors other than money. Buyers “say” that pricing is their main concern, but actions speak louder than words, and in the end, pricing is just an excuse so say “no.” In reality, buying decisions are more complicated than that; and great marketing and sales result from the art of relationship.
What better way to enhance your business relationships than by taking the opportunity to remember your clients, customers, and employees at Christmas with business holiday gifts? Selected thoughtfully, you can reap the added bonus of building your brand by elegantly including your business name, logo, or slogan in, on, or around the business gift given.
Often times as seasoned marketers, we do not realize it is possible to purchase as few as 50 items for a very special Christmas business gift list. Granted these items will be in a more expensive business gift category, but with your brand on the packaging and/or item, it becomes an investment that will pay many times over in the years to come! Another thing you may not realize is that for an extra charge, holiday business gifts can be personalized and made unique with a client’s name. Your brand can be on one part of item, for example-put your logo on the cap of a Mont Blanc pen, and their name on the barrel. Everyone loves to see their name in print!
To solidify relationships with VIP clients, employees, and customers; here are a few more business holiday gift ideas:
- Food Stuff for B2B Clients: This is a common idea, tired and true for the holidays, because food can be shared with the entire office/client. But do you know that you can obtain name brand food baskets, such as Maple Ridge Farms, Hickory Farms, and Ghiradeli chocolates, popcorn assortments; nuts, sausage and imported gourmet cheeses, with your brand, logo, or slogan on the box, or packaging surrounding these gifts? You can even create a chocolate business card; or your logo in the shape of chocolate! What a fun way for you to remember your clients at Christmas. They won’t forget you!
- Personalized High End Products for High-End clients: Think Mont Blanc, Zippo, Mag-light, Coleman, Thermos, any name brand product can have your brand or logo on it; and many items can be personalized with you VIP’s name!
- Gifts Related to your business: Consider creating and giving business holiday gifts related to your business. If you are a Chiropractor, give a cold/hot pack with your logo on I (you may actually sell it in your gift shop area, as well); or if you run an ISP company, give a USB drive, or ergonomic mouse pad with your logo on it to your biggest ISP users. Every time they use it, and see your brand, they are reminded of how thoughtful you are in life, and how thoughtful you are in business!
- Create Unique Gift Packages: If you run a latte-shop give a nice insulated Tumbler, with your logo, and a sample package of coffee beans from your store stuffed inside. Include a gift card for $5, $10, or $20 worth of goods, depending on how big of a customer they are. All items can have your logo or brand on them. All items can be offered for sale as well!
- Gift Cards: Most businesses can have custom gift cards created. Even though the quantities will need to be larger to be cost effective, these can be sold throughout the year as gift certificates as well. If you have a retail establishment where gifts cards would be appropriate, you can create these and put different values on them to mail in a personalized Christmas card clients and employees as well. That way you are stimulating business with existing customers, while saying thanks at the same time!
Selecting, creating, and buying branded holiday business gifts can be challenging, but these are a few creative ideas of how you can synergize this challenge with ongoing marketing efforts for big payoffs. A good promotional products consultant will help you select form over the half million business gift products available. Expertly done, you can enjoy the opportunity to honor your most valuable business assets with creative business holiday gifts–remember your biggest clients, best sale reps, and special employees, to be sure that they will remember you!